Racing Edge Paddock is pleased to offer this exceptional 1981 Porsche 930 Twin Turbo for sale.
This highly-tuned machine is an absolute monster on the track and comes with a rich racing tapestry. Absolutely no expense was spared in constructing this extremely competitive race car and it remains a joy to drive.
This Porsche 930 Twin Turbo carries a 993 American International Racing wide body kit complete with GT1 rear wing. Its 3.4-liter Porsche-based twin turbo engine was fully rebuilt in March 2016 and produces a roaring 715 bhp at 1.4 bar and 675 bhp at 1.2 bar. It comes with newly fitted Carrillo rods and GT3 oil pump. And with only four hours on the clock, this beast is primed and ready to race!
This 993 Twin Turbo GT-2R racer began life as a 1981 930 Turbo (VIN WP0ZZZ93ZDS000167). The car was completely hand-fabricated by Loren Beggs of 911 Design in Montclair, California. It has been intricately constructed and consistently maintained with high-quality components across the board to deliver excellence on the track: the vehicle held the GT-1R Class Porsche Owners Cup for the 2003/2004 season and set the track record at Road America.
Following its stellar performance, William Knight of Knightrace Porsche acquired the 993 Twin Turbo in 2005. Mr. Knight improved on the car as he saw fit over the years of his ownership, tweaking suspension and dialing in the car to his liking. During this time the car was only used for a few DE events per season.
The current owner acquired the car in 2014 and competed in 5 PCA Club races in the GT-2R class. The car has been meticulously maintained by Innovative Autosport out of Carrolton, Texas. The car is currently housed in Chicago and is in race-ready condition.
The vehicle is eligible for PCA, SCCA, NASA AND Historic races. Full specs are below:
- 993 American International Racing wide body kit with GT1 wing. Complete tube cage system from mounting point of the motor to front struts
- Car weight is 2524 lbs wet
- Elevated full 935 suspension with triple adjustable JRZ’s
- Factory RSR Brembo brake system
- Twin 993 oil cooler system
- Dual redhead rapid fuel system
- Gravity stand-alone second fuel tank, separate from fuel cell
- Triple fuel pump system
- Front 935 dry sump oil tank system
- Car has been tubed 3” inside on both sides to handle 14” wheels
- 2 x sets refinished Magnesium BBS wheels
- 2 x sets Pirelli PZero 275/645-18DH front; 325/705-18DH rear racing slicks
- 1 x set Pirelli PZero Rain Tires (NEW)
- 3.4-liter Porsche-based twin turbo motor (REBUILT MARCH 2016, 4 HOURS USAGE)
- 98mm Bore; 74.4 Stroke
- Full bay intercooler.
- Turbonetics high-flow ceramic turbos 500hp each (REBUILT JUNE 2016)
- Motor makes up to 715 HP at 1.4 bar. 675 HP at 1.2 bar
- Forged rockers
- Carrillo rods (NEW, MARCH 2016)
- GT3 Oil Pump (NEW, APRIL 2016)
- Mahle Motorsport piston and cylinders
- Factory heads twin plug and factory induction system
- 321 custom headers
- Twin intake system supplied from inside cockpit
- Custom aluminum engine mount to tube structure
- Twin HKS electronic waste gates
- Mil Spec harness and Electromotive Tech 3 management system
- Porsche 930 Short 4-speed
- 4 x custom guard lightweight gears
- 935 dog teeth and sliders on gears
- Guard progressive limited slip ramp adjustable
- 930 Flywheel.
- 935 Factory Clutch
- Stage 2 Kennedy Race pressure plate
- Tilton Oil cooling system
- Aftermarket Kirkey racing seat and Sparco 6-point harness
- Zeitronix Air/Fuel ratio gauge
- Zeitronix black box data logger.
- Factory gauges with andial digital intake charge temp and HKS boost controller
- Electromotive Tech 3 pro-engine management system
- 935 shift kit
- Halon fire suppression front to rear
- RSR nitrogen lift system
- Carbon fiber dash and circuit breaker system.
- Wired for radio
- Tilton Transmission oil cooling system
- Tilton pedal system
- Tilton brake bias adjustment
- 2 x Porsche Club Racing Logbooks.
- All invoices from 2014 purchase